Thursday 4 November 2010

Photojournalism, brief 2 - Scottish Foodies

For my second brief, I had to take photos of food that portray Scotland for a magazine, whilst my photos don't really portray Scotland at all they had the title of "Indulge yourself - sexy foods", we had 3 images to submit.

My first final image is the front page image, we had to bare in mind that this image would have to have the right composition to support the magazine title and magazine contents down the sides (or wherever you want to put them). I chose this image because I love the shallow depth of field, making the lights in the background appear blurry and having the strawberries in focus.

My second and third final images had to be supporting images to the cover, so they had to flow well.
I chose this one because I like the composition, how the strawberries and chocolate fill the frame and and how there is a mixture of bar and melted chocolate.

My third and final image is basic. I'm not as keen on this one as I am of the first two, I don't like the gradient background and I don't like how simple it looks - to me, it looks boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment